What To Bring
We Recommend Bringing…
Please note: There will be a security check at all entrances, and our list will be enforced! No exceptions.
The following items ARE allowed:
- Canopies (no beach umbrellas) Limited to 10′ x 10′ pop-up style. Enclosed tents or other “structures” are not permitted. All sides must be open to be permitted.
- Camp/folding chairs
- Sunscreen in non-aerosol containers is allowed in the size of 3.4 ounces or less
- Picnic blankets
- Baby Strollers (Baskets and storage will be inspected)
- Cameras (We will be doing full bag checks including detachable lenses)
- Are you a professional photographer? Would you mind sharing your images with us to use? We would love to have you as a part of our media team! Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our list
- Empty reusable water bottles and hydration packs (See full bag policy), and plastic or aluminum water bottles, and unopened individual water bottles (limit 2 per person up to 24oz each)
- Factory sealed Naloxone/Narcan kit
Prescription Medicine Requirements:
- Anyone needing prescription medicine at the festival must present the pharmacy-labeled container which states the prescription, dosage, and patient name to our medical staff at each entrance gate. Patrons are only allowed a sufficient supply of the prescribed medication for that day.
- Medicines needing to be inhaled or smoked are prohibited unless in a prescribed inhaler.
- Over the counter medications are allowed in a sufficient supply for the day. Bottle contents will be verified by medical personnel at the entry gates.
The following items are PROHIBITED:
- No outside food or beverages of any kind with the exception of unopened water bottles (see above).
- Aerosol containers, including sunscreen and personal beauty products. NOTE: Sunscreen in non-aerosol containers is allowed in the size of 3.4 ounces or less
- Coolers of any kind. (Exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Framed backpacks, multiple pocket back packs and any pack that is not aligned with the allowed backpacks above. (See Full Bag Policy Below)
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Glass containers of any kind
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Outside food or beverage (including alcohol) of any kind
- Pets (except service animals)
- Selfie sticks
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts or any personal motorized vehicles
- Tents or self enclosed structures. Pop-up tents and sun shades are permitted but must be open on all sides
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- Weapons or explosives of any kind
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Bicycles inside festival grounds (free parking is available near festival entrance)
- Carts of any kind (including Red Wagons)
FULL BAG POLICY:
- ALL bags will be searched before entry.
- Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets are prohibited.
- All bags must be fully inspected. Bags will be restricted to small purses, diaper bags, totes and drawstring bags only.
- Hydration packs are allowed and do not need to be clear, but must be emptied of all liquid and have no more than two pockets in addition to the one holding the water reservoir.
While we enjoy furry friends, pets are not allowed due to safety concerns. Service animals are welcome. (Certifications for service animals must be present for admittance) Again, we EMPHASIZE, certified Service Animals ONLY. ESA’s are not permitted.
This list will be strongly adhered to, but is also subject to change. Please also note, we require proof of identification for any alcohol purchases on premise and will adhere to guidelines as set forth by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB+) and support our local vendors and their decisions for sales for regarding Pennsylvania Exposition Events.
Chesapeake Bay Balloon Festival is August 25th, 26th and 27th, 2023!
All ballooning activities including static display, tethered rides and balloon flights are weather-dependent. The decision to inflate hot air balloons is made just prior to the scheduled ballooning activity. Please note that due to the popularity of our festival, our admissions booths will close when we reach maximum capacity. This is a decision out of our control and made by local law enforcement. This is an advanced ticket sale event and no tickets will be sold at the gate.
Tickets are non-refundable.